Walking 25+km daily from Paris to Lisbon

Hello, Redditors!

My name is Anna.

I am doing the 8th day of a Walk for Peace in Ukraine & World in order to raise money to help Ukrainian refugees.

I am on my way from Paris to Lisbon, visiting 20+ cities and committed to walking at least 25km daily.

I have walked 200+ km so far! I never knew my body and mind could do this!

I am going to do this solo mostly around the cities for safety reasons for 24 days (the number of Ukrainian oblasts) until I reach my destination.

I want to show how beautiful big and small European cities in peace are, as well as to challenge my body and mind by walking such a distance daily regardless of the circumstances.

I neither have a plan nor do I know where I will sleep or go next, but it is even 1% not as hard as it is for millions of Ukrainian families with kids who are not sure where they will end up, being forced to leave their home-cities, and if they will be alive at all.

I feel deep sorrow about what is going on in my country. I am constantly worried about my loved ones and all the fellow Ukrainians who are there in danger, and I want to help them.

Thanks for reading this! Take care and stay safe wherever you are.

I wish you all peace.



Submitted May 27, 2022 at 02:43AM by RipSerious https://ift.tt/w2SpQmU

Comments